Dr. Dr. Smithers

Default Master and Commander...

JimC,
To point out that the 17th 18th Century ships were a tough place to live, is
like saying an atomic bomb can be very destructive. I was highlighting the
foolishness of Harry's statement, the same as you would if I made a
completely obvious statement, and assumed it was words of wisdom.

PS - Did you know there are sarcastic people in Usenet?

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message . ..
JimC
ps - Anyone who doesn't know that sailors lived a tough life in the 18th

and
19th century is so brain dead, I doubt they know how to turn on a

computer.

The deaths from disease and lack of proper nutrition alone was sky high,
forget the lack of OSHA laws. ; )

Dr. Smithers, to whom are you referring these remarks? Surely, not to
me.
I have never questioned the tough life of early sailors.

Jim