thunder

Default OT Alito a Judicial Activist

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:53:02 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Going beyond the more traditional and reasonable political division that
have long existed, and raising the splits to a higher level. Poor choice
of word on my part. Oh well.

Harry, I'm also very concerned with the direction of the Court, but
personally, even if Alito is confirmed, I think it may be a wash.
Rehnquist was, himself, quite conservative, and I'm actually expecting
Roberts may be more like O'Conner than some would expect. Either way, I'd
rather have a competent Justice, than a numbnut like Thomas.