dazed and confuzzed

Default Throughhull with back flow preventer?

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Rutu has 3 small lockers built into he swim platform for snorkeling
equipment. It will be impossible to keep them dry so the side lockers drain
into the center one and I was planning to install a small bilge pump. I am
now thinking that a throughhull drain would be simpler and more reliable but
the drain will be only about 2" above the water line. Any little swell at
anchor will push water back up into the locker. I have seen 1 1/2" cockpit
drains with a ball float that seal when below the water line but they are to
large. Has anyone seen a similar device in the 3/4" to 1" range?

yes, in PVC. It looks like a very thick plastic union fitting.

If you can't find one locally,, I am sure that I can get one at my local
plumbing supply. I'm not sure that is has a ball *float*, but it does
have a ball that will check the water flow.

--
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of moral crisis.”