Charles T. Low

Default ocean crusing & anti collision tactics....

Thanks for fleshing that out.

Single or short-handed boating does, of course, require some compromises.

I don't find anything in the ColRegs which exempts any boater from keeping a
constant watch, and yet there are situations - such as sleeping while
anchored - in which the authorities seem to recognize implicitly that it's a
safe (enough) and accepted practise.

Has that policy ever given you any close calls?

====

Charles T. Low
www.boatdocking.com

====

"Ryk" wrote in message
Am I constantly scanning the horizon? No, not when I don't see
anything out there. Will I go below long enough to get a sandwich or
use the head? Yes. Will I read a couple of pages of my book before
looking up? Yes.

Ryk