Default Anybody ever converted a lawnmower or dirtbike engine to a inboard shaft and propeller setup?

"Heikki" wrote in message
. ..
rvbilly wrote:

I`m a little scared of setting up this engine only to find out I
can only get say 20mph, the specs on everything seem good and
possible but theres allways the chance that I should have say mayby
used a little little motor such as say a 3 cyl. Geo Sprint or 1200cc
Toyota,what are your opinions on this,,

I don't have it at hand now, but I remember Dave Gerr's book "The Nature

of
Boats" gives quite simple calculations to estimate how much speed you
should be able to get out of your boat.

How much speed will this motor get?
http://www.weldingfaq.com/turbine2.asp