Marty

Default Sea Ray Sundancer 250 DA bilge queation

Thanks for your advice recently. Yesterday I attempted to remove the
head portlight by removing the screws on the inside and outside frams,
but the frames and the port remained intact. Not wanting to force
anything off, I stopped. Does your friend have any advice on how he
removed his? I did not remove the screws holding the latches on. Marty
in NJ

JIMinFL wrote:
A friend had the identical boat with the identical symptom. The leak wasn't
obvious but after removing the trim we found moisture around one of the oval
ports. Removed port, resealed, and reinstalled. Problem solved. It was a
bugger to find.
JIMinFL
"Marty Schulze" wrote in message
Thanking those who responded. The fact about isolated bilges seems
clarified, and this is important for me to figure what is going on. Also,
I gather the contained shower sump keeps the soapy runoff out of the
bilge. OK there. The source of the water is now the concern to me. The
shower has not been used this season, and water has appeared in the bilge
after heavy rains. This particular rain event was the most I've seen while
not at the boat (Around 10") In the past and after looking briefly this
time, I've never found obvious leakage in the cabin, (like ports) . It IS
rainwater, however, since it appears only after rain! All summer we had no
rain - no water in the bilge. Thanks again. I'll advise if I find some
further answers.
Marty on the NJ Shore
Sent 9:47 PM, Tuesday, October 18th, 2005