Heikki

Default Anybody ever converted a lawnmower or dirtbike engine to a inboard shaft and propeller setup?

rvbilly wrote:

I`m a little scared of setting up this engine only to find out I
can only get say 20mph, the specs on everything seem good and
possible but theres allways the chance that I should have say mayby
used a little little motor such as say a 3 cyl. Geo Sprint or 1200cc
Toyota,what are your opinions on this,,

I don't have it at hand now, but I remember Dave Gerr's book "The Nature of
Boats" gives quite simple calculations to estimate how much speed you
should be able to get out of your boat. Check it out!

- Heikki

P.S.
How do we upload pictures into these posts?

We don't. Many news servers strip them from all newsgroups not specially
marked as binaries. Better find a website where you can post your picture,
and send a link here.