Capt. JG

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm guessing what you saw was what is becoming typical in PWC's - four
cycle engines. Was it Lake Tahoe that was 4 cycle engines only?
You also made a good point. Why is boat owners act like they own their
wake. Your wake and the jetskiers who jump them are behind you. The
only piece of water you own is the one your boat is on at the time and
the water in your right away. Are boaters really worried that a jetski
is going to hit them even though the jetski is waiting for the wake,
and are traveling perpendicular to your boat's path..behind you!

Giz, I totally agree with you. If jetskiers do anything illegal they
deserve an expensive ticket. And, if you want a lake that you can
dictate who boats and who doesn't, buy the lake.

JG, please feel free to point out where in the law there is a
"presumption of quiet enjoyment" ? If a sailboater finds your inboard
too noisey, then would you stop boating. Consider to your own reasoning
before you answer. I don't care how quiet your boat is, it's stil
noise. You advertised your ignorance well when you said: "I have yet
to run over, mean run into, I mean see/hear one of these."

John

As to my "yet to run over..." sentence, you should try not to get your
panties in a wad. If you can't take a joke, you have no business on usenet.

Here's a reference link for you about quiet enjoyment...
http://www.meislik.com/articles/art02.htm

Let me guess, you're from the jet-ski newsgroup... just a guess.

Over the last couple of years, I've seen several get speeding tickets or
warnings in a local bay. There was another incident, since you asked, about
a jet-ski nearly t-boning a yacht... no regard at all for his speed or the
proximity to the boat.

Sure, you're right. Not all jet-ski operators are juvie ignoramouses. That
sure is saying a lot about the sport, but I guess horsepower does go along
with horses' asses. Let me know if you can't figure it out.

If another sailboat found that my inboard too noisy, I would try and
accomodate them as best as possible. If they were there first, I might even
more somewhere else. Would you?