NOYB

Default We're still not ready

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

It's too bad we waste so much money on our military. It should be
obvious to everyone by now that the mighty US military cannot defend our
homeland from the kinds of attacks we face these days any better than it
can defeat a Moslem insurgency in Iraq. A lot of the money wasted on the
military could be more wisely spent hardening our infrastructure against
attacks from human and natural forces. What's a better buy? A new $4+
billion dollar aircraft carrier, or spending half that amount beefing up
a major city's subway system?

I'd spend it on the aircraft carrier. Without the aircraft carrier
protecting US interests, that subway ain't worth spit.

Really? How is an aircraft carrier going to stop four guys in a shrimp
boat coming to shore in Florida and offloading a few containers containing
a few tactical nukes?

The aircraft carrier will stop the boat soon after it leaves the port it
sailed from.

Any small group that wants to walk a nuke into the USA and use it isn't
going to be deterred by the US military.

Really? How many nukes have entered the US? Zero?

So what's stopping them? Diplomacy?