rvbilly

Default Anybody ever converted a lawnmower or dirtbike engine to a inboard shaft and propeller setup?

Hi I am building a little 11 ft. V bottom plywood epoxy speedboat, I am
really interested in installing a 250cc dirtbike engine in it for
propulsion, I would have to use a stuffing box and shaft supports and
rudder, but I live in Chilliwack BC Canada and nobody locally can
supply parts,has anyone ever done such a install? The engine (dirtbike)
would have about 20 to 40 Hp. be watercooled with a small rad, I was
thinking I could use some kind of tranny with F,N,R from a lawn tractor
to obtain reverse in the boat, I know people have told me to use a
outboard but this is a project and I`m going to make it all work one
way or another, any help would be greatly appreciated.