Jim Carter

Default To My Canadian Friends...

Torx I can understand - there's more surface area to grab hold of and
you get a damn good set with torx plus you never wear the damn bits
out.

And a proper phillips will set a wood scew if you use the proper size
bit and you never have to worry about the damn things wearing out.

With the Robertson screw, the damn heads of the bits round off at the
corners when you are doing a lot of screws like a deck for example and
you go through bits like water.

Plus the damn things twist once they wear and slip like a bitch - I
damn near drove a bit through the palm of my hand once because of that
crappy design.

Robertson screws suck.

You must have been using a cheap screwdriver and screws or you were using
the wrong size bit. With the proper Robertson screws for the deck, and
with a proper hardened tip screwdriver, you could do a couple of hundred
decks with no problem.
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Jim