Don White

Default Storing gasoline in a dock box?

Jim wrote:
Maybe you should try a better can. I store my extra outboard fuel in my
lazarette. No fuel oder

- so I open the hatches to ventilate.

I want to get the gas off the boat when its not in use. I thought
perhaps putting in inside a ventilated dock box might be suitable. I'm
finding conflicting advice around the net about whether this is a good
idea.

On the one hand, everyone advises that gasoline should be stored in a
ventilated place. On the other hand, some say it should be a in an
approved flammable liquids storage locker.

Does anyone do this? Is it safe?
Thanks

I bought a new plastic fuel can with gas guage last year. I left it in
my driveway in the sun while almost full, and gas seeped out...now I get
the fumes even when in the shade. Wonder if I blew the gasket where the
fittings attach?