Henry Blackmoore

Default Who voted today?

In article p5q1c.8287$Pc.6845@okepread02, "maui1015" wrote:

Texas is either the worst or among the worst states in terms of
pollution, in terms of educating its youngsters, in terms of providing
medical care for its poor, in terms of assuring equal justice before the
law, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. If Texas has such a wonderful
economy, why isn't it spending its money on improving the lives of the
people who live in the state?

I've been to Texas several times. While there are a couple of places
that are mildly interesting, and even a couple that are physically
attractive, the state is a bow-wow.

Being originally from Texas (Galveston), I'd like to say that you are
incorrect. Unfortunately, you aren't. Texas isn't doing as well as it
should in education, pollution, teacher's pay, quality of life, poverty
levels, etc. I lived my first 25 years there and my last 24 in Oklahoma,
which ranks below Texas in some of these same catagories (I lost my
engineering position of 23 years last year after a factory closing due to
outsourcing). However, I will say that IMHO there are more than just a
couple of places that are interesting in both states. I especially like the
variety of lakes in Oklahoma that I can put my boat on (attempt to stay
on-topic?).

Don J. (maui)

gee, a BOI burn out living in Oklahoma? Been to your home town lately?
maybe you should check it out?

matter of fact why don't you stay where you are at? we don't need
any whiny losers like yourself.

Texas is a great state with wonderful people from all walks of life.

If you want to join Krause in his 'glass is half-full' outlook on anything
that he disagrees with (mostly everything) then be my guest.
But only a fool discounts a whole state or region with a wave of the
hand and overlooks the good that is easily found there in.