Skip Gundlach

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Capt. JG wrote:

I guess I don't get out enough. I have yet to run over, I mean run into, I
mean see/hear one of these.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Hi, Jon,

Yes, it's true. I just sold my lake home near Atlanta, on the way out
the door, so to speak, to cutting the cord.

The last few days I was there, after spending most of the summer and
prior two seasons working on the Flying Pig, thus not having a chance
to see it, either, I saw several of the new breed of jetskis (well,
technically, PWC - I can't speak to what actual Jetskis are like).

Much to my surprise, I could scarcely hear them. They made every bit
as much wake at slow speed, and were every bit as zippy at high speed,
as the PWC they looked like, but - while I could tell it was running -
it sounded a bit like a high quality I/O with a better than usual
muffling job.

It reminded me much more of a car than a boat noise...

FWIW, on Lanier, where I used to live, we have gotten a bit more of the
new breed rider than the old of late, which is refreshing to think
about. Even though I'm not going to be on that lake again, most
likely, ever, it's encouraging to see the evolution.

And, in my runabout, if I see a jumper, I enjoy(ed) giving them a
suitable wake, in an appropriate area. Some of them are definitely
balletic. OTOH, the only two boats I have left which can do that are
for sale and won't go "on the boat" with us, so I suspect I'll have to
enjoy others' provisions, if there are any, in our cruising grounds
:{))

L8R

Skip, recovering from nasal and sinus surgery on the way to active
shoulder rehab so I can get back to final refit and cut the cord

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain