Garland Gray II

Default Raymarine autopilot problem

Sounds like a problem I had w/ similar raytheon equipment. Make sure there
is nothing close to the fluxgate that is affecting it.
In my case, I had stored a small dinghy motorabout 5 or 6 ft away from the
fluxgate, and it made the image head W at all times.

"just me" wrote in message
I have a 7001 smart pilot and a RL80CRC at the helm on my sailboat.

Everything worked well for about a year and then one day with the
autopilot on, the helm went hard to port. I quickly put the autopilot on
standby and brought the boat back on course. When I looked at the
plotter, the image of the boat was showing the boat going sideways thru
the water.

I went back and re-calibrated the autopilot and that corrected it.

During a two day sail, the second day it did it again. Has anybody
experienced this? Any ideas of what's going on and how to fix it?

--

Jay A. Howell, CFP
Registered Representative