The_Giz

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

I'm absolutely convinced that about 10% of every boating "class" is idiots
and fools. That includes fishermen, yachtsmen, cruisers, skiboats, rec
boats, pontoons, and almost anything else that you can think of.

Don't believe me? Spend a couple of hours at your local ramp and just watch
the selfish, assinine, arrogant, ignorant insanity displayed by the diverse
cross-section of enthusiasts. It's amazing.

I've lived on a lake for many, many years and there's no protected class of
(non-professinal, civilian) "smart boaters".

Giz

"Scotty" wrote in message
Ok, I'll admit about 90% of the jet skiers I see are no problem.
I even wave to some of them. It's that other 10% that zip around
anchorage's and run in circles and ride boat wakes and generally
are just so damn annoying that it's easy to just want to
eliminate the whole bunch. but then, that wouldn't be fair,now,
would it?

SV

wrote in message
oups.com...
But it's true Scotty, I don't know why I'm letting you engage

me in
this stupid discussion, slow day at work I guess, but I can

tell you,
I've been riding pwc's full time for eight years now and know

I'm as
much of a boater as anyone else out there on the water, and so

are my
many very experienced, capable pwcing friends (many of whom

have bigger
boats as well)....with a lot of the same issues,

responsibilities,
interests, concerns, and passions, as anybody in a bigger boat.

What
I've noticed and must tell myself to keep in mind, is that I

pretty
much never get this kind of obnoxious, elitist, prejudiced,

smug,
superior anti-pwc attitude from any fellow boaters that I

actually
encounter out on the water, on the beaches, at the docks, at

boating
safety classes, etc.....only from usenet assholes......I always

feel
like a welcome member of the boating community just like

anybody else
on the water, except on boating newsgroups. Sure, sometimes

they're
surprised to see us at different places out there, like

crossing over
to Block Island from Montauk or cruising the Hudson River in

our dry
suits in 50-degree temperatures this last weekend, but pretty

much
always friendly and respectful.

richforman