Dene

Default Our signal to noise ratio sucks.......

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody else notice that OT threads are running at a multiple of about
4 times the on-topic threads?

snip

Not saying I haven't contributed to the noise myself.

Yep.

Lead by example Chuck.

Until then, stop the whining.

It's not my job to lead.
It's a comment, not a whine.
There is almost *no* boating content in the NG, at all.
At least you and I have boats and therefore have some opportunity to
discuss same. As you know, some of the most prolific posters here are
not boaters and are simply here to troll.

I'm new but your observations are dead on. I'm subscribed to
rec.boats.cruising and there is virtually no OT or flame wars going on.

BTW Chuck, read your magazine last night. Very impressed. Meant to read it
before I went to sleep. Had the opposite effect. Enjoyed your narrative
and pictures of the cruise-to-the-wilderness trek.

-Greg