just me

Default Raymarine autopilot problem

I have a 7001 smart pilot and a RL80CRC at the helm on my sailboat.

Everything worked well for about a year and then one day with the autopilot
on, the helm went hard to port. I quickly put the autopilot on standby and
brought the boat back on course. When I looked at the plotter, the image of
the boat was showing the boat going sideways thru the water.

I went back and re-calibrated the autopilot and that corrected it.

During a two day sail, the second day it did it again. Has anybody
experienced this? Any ideas of what's going on and how to fix it?

--

Jay A. Howell, CFP
Registered Representative