Tinkerntom

Default Hey, Speed Bumps, I Guess These Rowers Brought It on Themselves, Too, Right?

Of course you understand Cyli, et all, that NYC ... will come back and
remember that when the harbor patrol splashed him, he was actually
wearing a glow in the dark, day-glo green, reflective neoprene suit and
was honkin his horn like a New Orleans jazz band, with his little white
lite shining at 2 million candle-power - and they still purposely tried
to run him over!

The night was clear, no fog, and in fact the sun was still shining!

And in fact the city lights had all been turned off for this notable
occasion in which the NYC Harbor Patrol had decided to go after XYZ, so
they had no excuse for splashing him except that they had planned on
getting him anyway!

Now he had heard that all the lights were going to be turned off,
though he did not realize that they were turned off on his accord. That
is why he decided to take that notable and unforgetable cruise of the
NYC Harbor, that very night, to see the stars above NYC for the very
first time, and to be able to hear the silence of the city sleeping,
which it seldom did due to all the lights normally.

But this night was different. Unlike the Harbor Patrol, he had not been
inbibing any celebratory libations on this notable occasion since he
wanted all his senses to be sharp for this great event! Little did he
know, that they knew, he would be out there, paddling his little rubber
boat! A boat given to him by his grandfather who had come all the way
across the Atlantic in it, braving storms and Great White attacks!
Never was there anywhere, such a noble, and seaworthy vessel!

Now we can understand why it was such a shock to him when that big
Harbor Patrol Boat, with loud, noisy, 500 HP. engines, came charging
out of the quiet darkness to shatter his soliloquy!

No,.... I am sorry, I am getting my stories mixed up! That was when
they tried to get him the time before! TnT

Cyli wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:11:14 GMT, No Spam wrote:

Actually I don't think Cyli was making an argument at all, she was just
stating what works for her. You see everything as an argument or a
personal attack. Personally I also abide by this set of personal
standards and find that they have kept me mostly intact while hiking,
biking, flying, walking and paddling.

Thank you, No Spam. You stated it much more precisely (and nicely)
than I did.

NYC XYZ wrote:
Again, this is a STRAW MAN ARGUMENT -- not at all what I was on about.

I asked about rules, but the water-logged airheads here keep going on
about "practical" considerations...no ****ing ****, Sherlocks!

Cyli wrote:

Indeed. My rules of the road when I'm walking or paddling are to let
anything that's bigger, faster, dumber, or in more of a hurry have the
right of way. It's worked so far, with only a couple of close calls.
One of which involved the excuse, "It's been real hot out and there's
been beer." But that was in a location I found (later) was notorious
for bad power boating with beer or other beverages.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)