Jeff Rigby

Default To My Canadian Friends...

wrote in message
oups.com...

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Because I like to travel here and there during the day when I'm not
doing anything, in self defense more than anything, I purchased a 1992
Ford Escort - a literal "old lady" car - 60 thousand original miles,
always garaged, pristine condition. This is a Canadian car in fact -
built in Canada.

Because of sitting over the past couple of years, the brakes needed
repair, so I started on the project around 9 this morning.

I would just like to point out to my Canadian friends, that it's
leftie loosey, righty tighty.

Not leftie tighty, righty loosie.

~~ mutter ~~

If you are speaking of the lug nuts, one side is left hand threaded to
prevent the lugs from loosening. There are a lot of applications like
that that make left hand threads essential.

Knock off hubs yes, lawn mower blade nut yes, but lug nuts....someone wasn't
thinking.