Terry Spragg

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

ladysailor wrote:

Some Bud Yelse wrote:
I ran over gravel in my seadoo. How can I unstick my impellor?

Some Co-Troller Yelse wrote:
Flush it with gas, use zippo to see inside if it's unclogged.
..
..(Paraphrased) Other insults redacted -TK
..
A real Seadoo Bunny wrote:
No d, I can't say that we've ever been cussed at. But then, we don't
go out of our way to **** people off by buzzing around them, cutting
them off and racing through marina's causing large wakes.

Barb
www.sailinglinks.com

You can jump my wake, if chasing sailors is your crush.

Once or twice, anyway. Maybe I could give you a tow, if you want to
come aboard for a coffee.

One of my best feelings was when we towed under sail a family of 5
in a small speedboat at near hull speed. As it happened, they were
flooded, not out of gas. After half an hour of coaching, the
skipper began to understand starting a hot engine with a manual
choke. Who said sailors don't need to be gearheads? At least they
were all wearing lifejackets. Foreigners, visiting a wedding. A
rented motorboat excursion thrill, worried grandma and all. They got
to the wedding on time.

Didj'a ever climb the rigging from from one boat to another? I have
a ladder on my transom that can be used for docking my dinghy. It
makes it easy to get back and forth, even under way, with hand
lines. Pulling a rope on a seadoo bow shouldn't be any more
difficult than pulling my old dinghy close up behind, even at
sailing speed.

Could you climb from your cockpit to the bow of your sea scooter if
it was tied to my stern ladder articulation whilst under sail?

Would a flooded flexy framed inflatable sailcloth bumkin shape make
a seadoo easier to tow at sailing speed? What a plan for a fast
dinghy! An inflatable "trailer" for a seadoo might make it a winner
as a sailor's second boat. Fun? It could also tow, even push a
becalmed pure sailboat back to it's mooring.

Strangely, it seems the most expensive part of a sailboat is an
engine. Why can not an engine for a sail boat cost less than for an
obnoxius sounding wave jumper?

Perhaps an inflatable sailboat with a built in dock for a seadoo, al
la Captain Nemo's submarine dinghy?

How about a submersible swath effect sailboat with no need for a
weighty keel? A seperate steerable tip on a keel should enable a
hydrodynamic steerable keel effect, keeping the keel erect in the
water even under press of sail. Would the hydrodynamic drag be less
than that of a heavy weight keel supporting hull? Why could not a
submarine be towed by a kite hooked to it's periscope?

Add a n inflatable trampoline and a picknic basket and you have a
floating airbed mattress and tent you could portage, except for the
heavy engine. No mast, even. Maybe 10 HP would do?

The reason sailing is getting so expensive is a marketing ploy to
pare down the number of adventurous people on the water, while
extracting the most money from the rich aspiring boat snobs. They
would pose less of a crowd control problem if their propellors did
not hurt manatees.

You could even have a bicycle based excercise machine to recharge
the Hall effect brake regenerator rotor motor batteries for the 3 hp
impellor, if the inflatable solar cells weren't getting enough sun,
and there wasn't enough wind to sail, and if you couldn't afford or
find gas or diesel. Or, you could pay to join an excercise club?

How much power do you really need to tow a skiier, even as slowly as
possible?

Don't I remember a ski tow drone with remote control tow cables
being in the news 20 years ago with a 20 horse motor? Remember the
pogo foil water scooter? They have international races, now, like a
scooter steeplchase.

Is this an overheating thread?

Reverse flush your impellor! turn it a little in reverse by hand.
Take the spark plugs out to make it easy to turn. Get a firefighting
hose fixture on the outlet of your seadoo, volunteer as a helicopter
smoke jumper into a lake or river near a forest fire or village in
need of water. Anchor just offshore to fight the fire and tie the
boatette to a tree. Tow a Zeanon water filter in a flexy bag.

No, I'm not the Terry Spragg who invented the water bag for towing
glaciers to Saudi Arabia. Somebody called me once, looking for him.

Your free sample of ideas from -SofDevCo- © "Brains for rent."

Job opportuniy: Need freelance marketing executive, or government
grant for feasability study. Undetectable kickbacks not guaranteed.
-You could be our first customer.

College research theses entertained. Non-disclosure agreement required.

Terry K