Don White

Default To My Canadian Friends...

wrote:

If you are speaking of the lug nuts, one side is left hand threaded to
prevent the lugs from loosening. There are a lot of applications like
that that make left hand threads essential.

That's right! I run into this every year when I disassemble all out
table & floor fans for cleaning of blades etc.
The nut that holds the blade on tightens in a counter-clockwise direction.
We bought a 92 Ford Escort SW for our oldest son a few years back so he
could drive to a Community Collega across the harbour. What a piece of
crap. Spent as much on repairs as the purchase price and gave it away
for $ 1K in fustration to a neighbour. Now we see it on the road
daily...scooting up & down the street.