Nick

Default Winderme Strategy Report

flya750 wrote:
Nick,

Only 200 so far?? It would seem that if there are passionate boaters
wanting to use the ONLY public lake left in England that they wouldn't need
motivation to get off their arses and fight for boating rights? What am I
missing here?

Ah, I should explain: The speed limit has already been passed - it is
law already (but deffered until 2005). This management plan is what
the National Park are going to be doing with the lake *post* 10mph
speed limit. There is no mention of them even considering to reverse
their decision. That is why there is not much input as no-one cares
(it seems) what happens to the lake now.

What I am trying to do is to get as many people as possible say things
like "The best way to increase economic diversity for the Windermere
basin is to: Reverse your decision to implement the 10mph speed
limit." etc. So even if they don't (and they have a legal right not
to) it will still look bad that they have gone against all this public
opinion.

In other words, the battle is already lost, but perhaps public opinion
can make them change their minds...

Have a look at the campaign web site run by the Windermere Action
Force: http://www.waf.uk.com

You wouldn't think we were a democracy!!

Nick

--
Reclaim the Lake District!
http://www.lake-district.info