Default Our signal to noise ratio sucks.......

Smith Smithers wrote:
Chuck,
How do you know the most prolific posters are not boaters? Who in rec.boats
is not a boater? The only person I know who sold his boat was JimH, and
even when he didn't own a boat, he was still a boater. Since JimH has
purchased a new runabout, he not only is a boater, but he is a boat owner.
I know many CGAUX members who don't own boats, but they are definitely
boaters.

Harry is definitely one of the most prolific posters, but I for one believe
he owns a nice Parker. He may not use it much, but I really think he owns
one.

Just because he fabricated a story about a Zimmerman style Lobster Boat does
not mean he is not a boater.

You use your boat as a "floating condo", an indication that it seldom
if ever leaves the dock. You can be a boat owner, without being a
boater.
Some of these guys may have some little aluminum row boat slowly being
engulfed by the berry vines out behind the woodshed- sorry, but they're
not boaters either.

Here's a good clue to sleuth out the non-boaters: Look for a group of
people who virtually never participate in a boating thread regardless
of content, or, when they do participate, do so by waiting for somebody
of the "incorrect" political spectrum to make a comment and then change
the header and respond with personal attack and political opinion. If
you can't spot that behavior here, you'd need Lasik to compete with Mr.
Magoo.