Smith Smithers

Default Welcome to America

Kevin,
Do you feel more powerful when you use profanity?

wrote in message
oups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

CNN is showing a feature about a retirement community in Boca Raton,
FL,
in which some 20,000 elderly residents are without electricity in
their
homes, there are 1000 people in line for food, their medications are
going bad, and they are in dire straits, and their relatives can't get
them because the gas stations cannot pump gas because they have no
electricity at the gas stations down there.

I guess these 70 and 80 year olds should have planned better.

I tend to think you are exaggerating the scenario just a tad. ;-)

Get back to us with the real story and we will chat.

BTW: I doubt the majority of folks living in that retirement community
are
70 to 80 year olds. Most retirement communities cater to those who are
still mobile and in fairly reasonable health. Once one gets into their
70's
they usually consider an assisted living facility.

Bull****! That's pure out and out ignorant to say! I lived in Florida
many years, and most of those people in retirement communities are of
that age. Hell, they don't retire until 65 or so, so what would you
think the age of those "retiree" are????