P Fritz

Default Welcome to America

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

CNN is showing a feature about a retirement community in Boca Raton,

FL,
in which some 20,000 elderly residents are without electricity in their
homes, there are 1000 people in line for food, their medications are
going bad, and they are in dire straits, and their relatives can't get

them because the gas stations cannot pump gas because they have no
electricity at the gas stations down there.

I guess these 70 and 80 year olds should have planned better.

I tend to think you are exaggerating the scenario just a tad. ;-)

Get back to us with the real story and we will chat.

BTW: I doubt the majority of folks living in that retirement community

are
70 to 80 year olds. Most retirement communities cater to those who are
still mobile and in fairly reasonable health. Once one gets into their

70's
they usually consider an assisted living facility.

Not necessarily.......but regardless, they had 7 days warning for their
relatives to assist, they were also quite capable of leaving prior to the
storm.........once again harry wants to blame the guvmint for people making
poor personal choices.

Folks in the retirement community you speak of either have cars or there

are
shuttle busses available to them for trips to the grocery store and drug
store. They also have family or friends in the area or their own

retirement
community who can give them a ride and help stocking up on supplies.
Certainly family members would at least call them to make sure things are

OK
prior to the storm.

My Mom, God rest her soul, owned a condo in her late 50's and lived there
till she suffered a stroke at age 67. She was independent and would
certainly have enough wits about her to stock up on emergency supplies if

storm was approaching. She also had family who would call and visit her

make sure things were OK.

I really doubt the validity of your story Harry.