Doug Kanter

Default OT--Major news that barely makes the news

"DSK" wrote in message
It may be a little early to call the passing of the constitution "good
news". From the voting, it's clear that the Sunnis are not happy with
it,
and as they are the main source of the insurgents, it will take some time
to see if it's passing has any effect. Still, the fact that they voted
is
a positive sign.

Funny thing, it looks like they didn't really vote a constitution into
effect. They voted that they want a different one than what they're
getting.

NOYB wrote:
Regardless, the fact that our news media failed to report on it is a
pretty sad sign.

Says who? It was in our local paper (very conservative) trumpeted as yet
another triumph of Bush-Cheney foreign policy, and was other news
including NPR.

DSK

Also on our local trash AM station, which uses a CBS news feed.