DSK

Default Hey NOYB... about this Syria stuff

No. They're deceitful and cannot be trusted.

Then why, during the last election, were you trumpeting that Putin really
really liked Bush & Cheney and wanted us all to vote for him?

NOYB wrote:
Diplomatic blackmail. Bush had Putin dead to rights on a number of issues:
violating the Iraqi sanctions by shipping them arms, helping Saddam smuggle
out WMD, and running interference for Iraq at the UN.

And that was why you thought Putin's endorsement was good for Push??

Russia's most credible nuclear threat to the US is via terrorist proxy.
Of course, President Bush is doing so little to combat *real* terrorism
that it's a huge threat.

We'd know in a heartbeat if a Russian nuke was detonated on US soil.

How?

... The
Russians aren't that foolhardy.

No, they're very smart. That's why they would be perfectly willing to
sell nukes to some terrorists and possibly even help them deliver it via
shipping container. Plus they need the money.

But hey, aren't we all glad that President Bush's crackerjack Homeland
Security Team is 100% on-the-ball, right?

One of the best reasons for putting the hammer down on Bashir Assad is
that he has a knack for chosing the wrong side, that plus he's a brutal
dictator. OTOH his gov't is both stable & secular, and his help would be
(and was in the past) valuable against radical Muslim terrorist groups.

He has no interest in helping us. In fact, he's working feverishly to
subvert our efforts in Iraq.

Baloney. I suppose this comes out of the same spew that provides all the
ranting about Iran's insurgency is all foreigners.

He is working at modernizing & Westernizing Syria, and if the U.S. exerted
a little smart diplomacy, could be a valuable ally.

Hogwash. Any country which supports terrorist groups like Hezbollah, is in
no way a potential ally to the US.

Yep.

BTW Hezbollah is supported more by Iran than by Syria. And they have a
large political wing which gives them a stake in realistic solutions. If
we get Syria to pull back (which would take some smarts & some time)
then that gives Hezbollah an even bigger reason to play nice.

But I suppose you must rant & rave about how they are evil violent
fundamentalists (while ignoring the fact that you're a fundamentalist
advocate of violence yourself) & we should kill them all, somehow.

We could influence him to grant slightly more human rights, too; although
somebody will first have to convince President Bush that torture is for
bad guys.

President Bush already knows that torture is for bad guys.

Then why did he promise to veto a bill defining torture as against US
policy? Or are you saying that President Bush is one of the bad guys?

DSK