Dene

Default 25' Starcraft Cruiser

wrote in message
oups.com...

Brunswick owns a lot of trademarks. Including Sea Ray, Hatteras, Boston
Whaler, Bayliner, Meridian, etc........ You can't just make a blanket
statement about "Brunswick" quality.

Whew!

No heat? You will want to add at least a Red Dot heater unless you plan
to boat strictly in the summer months.

Actually, we're leaning to just using a portable catalytic heater. This
will allow us to warm the boat without turning the engine on. We envision a
lot of anchoring, sticking a line in the water, and reading.

If you want to pay $20k, start off a bit less. $20k is maybe OK for
that boat if it's just clean as a whistle, but otherwise it might be a
tad on the high side. Expect to get "bumped" with a counter not matter
what you offer....(If you went in at $22k, you'd probably get countered
at $22.5k). Don't insult the seller by getting all stupid, but just as
he has left some "room" in his price to come down a bit, it's good
practice to leave just a little room in your offer to come up.

The broker is a friend of the seller. He's confident that he will take 20k.
Very motivated to sell, due to age. Wants to get out.

The good news here is that you can't ve very far off the market on a
boat in that price range. If you miss the market by 20%, you still
haven't overspent by any really important amount of
money......(certainly not when the total cost of owning and enjoying a
boat is considered). It's the guy who's spending
$800k who will be taking a serious beating if he miscalculates by that
same 20%.

Well said. Also, I like the idea that we can deduct this as a 2nd home.

-Greg