riverman

Default Hey, Speed Bumps, I Guess These Rowers Brought It on Themselves, Too, Right?

There certainly are some conflicting reports on what happened.

http://tinyurl.com/9w4yj
http://www.nyrowing.org/
http://ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=8&aid=54486

But there is also some agreement. Apparently it was not broad daylight,
visibility was an issue, and no one seems to have assigned blame.

If two moving craft collide, who hit whom?

Generally speaking, however, the less manuverable craft has the right
of way, regardless of who has the worst result. It will be interesting
to see if a rowing skull is considered less manuverable than a
powerboat. Noneless, everyone has the obligation to make themselves
visible, paddle boats and powerboats. Either boat could be at fault,
however the guy from the skull seems to be one one who had the worst
consequences. My condolences to his friends and family.

--riverman