Garth Almgren

Default A decent keyboard with a decent price

Around 10/21/2005 5:16 PM, Dan Krueger wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Dan Krueger wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

It has spring-loaded keys and it weighs about five pounds.

http://tinyurl.com/9heh8

It's pretty nice for the money.

This can't be the real Harry. He would know that all keyboards have
springs in the keys.

Dan

Oh...no they don't.

Maybe not metal springs, but what else are there?

The most common these days is a flexible rubber membrane. They may be
"springy" but they have no actual springs.

I've got an original like the one Harry linked to, circa 1985. They're
really sturdy keyboards; I should pick up an AT adapter someday and see
if it still works.

Other than that, $60 is just too much for a keyboard, IMO. I'll stick
with my MS Natural Multimedia, thank you very much.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing