RichG

Default Raytheon FF L470 / Humminbird 200 dx transducer swap.

I purchased a boat equipped with a Raytheon Fishfinder L470. The Raytheon
has a cracked case. It fogs and is worthless. I own a Humminbird 200 dx
without a transducer. I'd like to just leave the Raytheon T'ducer in place
and cut and re-connect the t'ducer cable if at all possible.

The mounting for the t'ducer is on the transom. I am not particularly
worried if I get a slightly poorer signal, since I mostly use the unit as a
depth finder only. My usual waters are only 10 to 20 feet deep.

Can this be done? I pulled the cables apart. The Raytheon has
white/yellow/blue/black wires and a shielded cable. The Humminbird is
looking for only two connections.

Any help much appreciated.

p.s. I know I just go buy another t'ducer for the hummingbird, but I'd like
to use what I have and not disturb the transom mounting presently on the
boat. I also know that many consider Humminbird to be "bottom of the line"
( so do I ) but I only need a modest depth finder function.

thanks RichG TX

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners