Capt. JG

Default ocean crusing & anti collision tactics....

"Carl" wrote in message
ups.com...
Brian,

I agree that I want to see him early and your radar detector idea might
work. Still, if a 600 ft ship is approaching at 22 knots, I don't want
to be the only guy trying to get out of the way.

On the "legal" issue. I'm probably overly suspicious of the FCC's
interest in anything that transmits (although my radar transmits on the
same frequency). I just can't figure out why you don't see these things
around. I've never had any faith that a radar reflector that's small
enough to put up in the rigging can do much good.

Carl

Carl,

I just got an email from the company that makes the product -- they said
there is no issue of legality.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com