Courtney Thomas

Default boat-wrap for Winter ?

Don White wrote:

Courtney Thomas wrote:

That's what I was looking for....i.e. the reason that some/most
boatowners decide to cover, i.e. the destructive potential of the
thaw/freeze cycle of the encumbent precipitation.

What'd the old-timers do ?

Cordially,

Courtney

Here on the Atlantic Coast of Canada, I'd recommend a cover. We usually
get a lot of freeze/thaw cycles and the prevaling winds make us the
tailpipe of North America. That is...most of our pollution originates
in central Canada or the US.

Don,

Is poly wrap OK to get through a first season in your area, later building a
cover since no time to do it now for me, or is the venting such a problem
that one would be better off leaving uncovered ?

How have you observed venting to be adequately done or is it considered
inconsequential in your area ?

Cordially,
Courtney