rhys

Default boat-wrap for Winter ?

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:14:16 -0400, Harlan Lachman
wrote:

Effective ventilation requires low intakes and high exhausts and a lot
more free vent area than anyone is going to put on a boat. Some say
canvas is porous enough to allow moisture to migrate.

I use aluminum frames and canvas (it will likely go up this week as we
hauled on Friday. I find that if I leave a couple of fenders from the
lifelines to the toerail, I get a few inches of "stand-off" even with
the canvas properly lashed, but I get proper ventilation.

The boat still stays pretty warm on sunny days, even when it's below
freezing. This year for the first time the starboard length of the
boat is facing south and is unobstructed. I'll note if this makes a
difference...I hope so, as I am considering replacing the port lights
and a little warmth on deck would help matters immensely!

R.