Larry C

Default wrsi helmets

Tim Garland wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with WRSI kayak helmets?
Comfortable?
Are they adjustable?
Are they suitable for a longish skull. (I do not have a round head.)
What is customer service like?

Tim,

As of right now, no one has experience with WRSI kayak helmets, because
despite all the hype, none have hit the market. As for customer
service, well, none of the helmets have hit the market.

I'm very skeptical of the "worlds safest helmet". One is that it isn't
full coverage, so that automatically takes it out of the safest helmet
competition IMO. Although there has been a lot of hype about the
research that went into this helmet, from my reading of all the stories
that have come out on this helmet, the parameters and the standards
were set by the guy's father that died on the North Fork Payette.
Whether they have any resemblence to reality is anyones guess. The
firehose test is nice marketing but I haven't ever seen anything on the
river the would replicate that condition.

While I like the multi layer foam, which is basically a copy of some
Swiss made skiing and motorcycle helmets, nothing else really grabs me.