bits

Default 1993 Previa and Kayaks

I would like to carry two fiberglass kayaks on my 1993 Toyota Previa. It has
a factory rack in place now. Is anyone carrying kayaks on their Previa? Did
you replace the factory rack and if so what did you replace it with? Each
kayak I want to carry weighs about 50 lbs. I see my existing rack can be
removed as each rail has two mounting points. My existing rack seems a bit
flimsy to use for transporting kayaks. Any information you have around the
1993 Previa roof rack / options would be appreciated.

Right now I carry the kayaks using a Yakima system on my F150 Supercrew but
I would like to bring the van into the picture to take advantage of its
better fuel economy. But I do not want to do that at the expense of the
kayaks flying off the roof when the existing roof rack gets torn from the
roof! :-)