Rich Hampel

Default Cleaning Fiberglass

The product that you see around 'chandleries' is called "tuff-eNuff'
Made by a Wallace and Co. (?) in Florida.
West Marine sporadically carries it .... used to be in their catalogue.

Whenever I see it I buy and hoard a supply ... stuff is expensive
though.

In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:50:31 GMT, Rich Hampel said:

removal with a sodium silicate based detergent .... this
will also penetrate deeply into the open pores of the gelcoat .... and
will also remove the old dead wax.

Can you name a few of the common ones? I was looking for something to remove
old wax this summer, but none of the detergent products on the shelf
indicated that that was what they'd do.