The One and Only Smithers

Default OT A Tax Raise from BushCo

Harry,
Do you ever get frustrated that you have all of these ideas and no one
really cares what you want to do?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
Yep, they're all about lower taxes.....

Notice the 50% increase in the tax rate for the folks on the bottom end
of the scale? (Increases from 10% to 15%).

Mortgage deduction: Too bad it can't be saved for inexpensive "starter"
homes purchased by young families, but a good percentage of folks who
are
allowing the government to subsidize their personal housing expense (by
enabling them to pay interest on $1mm mortgages with tax-free
dollars)

A tax cut isn't a subsidy!

also fall into a group that gnashes and wails at the very
thought of
any public assistance for low income renters. In reality, the mortgage
interest deduction is probably safe- can you say "Catastrophic real
estate crash", otherwise? It might be reasonable to phase out the
mortgage interest deduction over a period of time, eliminating it
entirely for mortgages dated after XX/XX/XX.

It is long past time for a bi-partisan effort to reduce spending and/or
raise taxes to restore some fiscal credibilty to our runaway
spendthrift FEDGOV.

I'd support the elimination of itemized deductions...BUT only if they
went to a flat tax across all income levels.

I'd make all income taxable at the current rates, and increase exemptions
for families earning under $50,000, and, of course, I'd cut b ack
drastically on corporate tax breaks. But I would offer incentives for
those corporations building new factories and facilities in the USA.