Jack Redington

Default Alpha vs. Bravo

Keith & Laura Koether wrote:
The Bravo is a heavier drive. It will handle higher HP with less wear and
tear than the Alpha. I've had a Bravo for 8 years without any problems.

I have a 5.0lx that is reted at 210hp The boat is a 95 Crownline 210ccr
that weights 3900lbs dry. We have a couple hundred hours on it without
any problems, just follow the routine maintance. My Fathers old boat was
a 85 Chris Craft bowrider (18 ft I think) with a 5.0lx and Alpha drive
and it did not have any failures that I know of.

Of course you are running a few more hp than either of the boats that I
have experiance with. It is amazing how they are getting so many more
ponies out of these blocks. If it were me I would opt for the Alpha. But
them we have had very good service from them.

The Bravo are good drives as well, many of my friends that run go-fast
boats have them mated to 454 etc. I still think at 260hp the Alpha would
be able to handle it with out any issues imho.

Capt Jack R..