John Weiss

Default Question about an odd type of craft

"Alan S" wrote...

It's been done, but you could exagerate the effeciveness.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...aritimemuseum/
= look up Falcon

That site has some great stuff on it, thx for the link, Matt. I see it is
possible but I don't know how practical it is. One thing I noticed about
the information on the windmill powered boat is that it runs best going
directly into the wind. My thinking is that it would be a bumpy ride most
of the time.

I visited the Irvine museum in August. Falcon is in poor shape, sitting at
the municipal dock, not at the museum itself. The museum itself is very
nice, with a wide range of displays, both indoors (especially in the
Linthouse building) and outdoors.