Marty Schulze

Default Sea Ray Sundancer 250 DA bilge queation

Good tip. A project due up is to remove the oval port trims so as to replace
the screens. I'll hasten that project now and follow up on your suggestions.
Thanks.

"JIMinFL" wrote in message
nk.net...
A friend had the identical boat with the identical symptom. The leak wasn't
obvious but after removing the trim we found moisture around one of the
oval ports. Removed port, resealed, and reinstalled. Problem solved. It was
a bugger to find.
JIMinFL
"Marty Schulze" wrote in message
Thanking those who responded. The fact about isolated bilges seems
clarified, and this is important for me to figure what is going on. Also,
I gather the contained shower sump keeps the soapy runoff out of the
bilge. OK there. The source of the water is now the concern to me. The
shower has not been used this season, and water has appeared in the bilge
after heavy rains. This particular rain event was the most I've seen
while not at the boat (Around 10") In the past and after looking briefly
this time, I've never found obvious leakage in the cabin, (like ports) .
It IS rainwater, however, since it appears only after rain! All summer we
had no rain - no water in the bilge. Thanks again. I'll advise if I find
some further answers.
Marty on the NJ Shore
Sent 9:47 PM, Tuesday, October 18th, 2005