Geoff Schultz

Default Cleaning Fiberglass

wrote in
oups.com:

I would get some ON and Off Hull cleaner, that is a spray on, brush
lightly, and rinse cleaner.

"On and Off" is very effective grunge cleaner but I would not spray it
however (read the ingredients list). I wear rubber gloves and wipe it
on with a damp fuzzy pad, followed by a quick fresh water rinse. Very
powerful stuff, be careful with it.

I'll second or third the suggestion for using On Off cleaner. I get a
white line along my blue Awlgrip hull that was next to impossible to clean.
With On/Off I simply wipe it on and wash off the scum line. It's an
amazing product, but very caustic (the bottle also smokes when you open
it). Be sure to use rubber gloves, wash the hull well to get it off and
then re-wax.

-- GEoff