Peter Wiley

Default Australian David Hicks FYI

In article ,
Dave wrote:

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:05:55 +0100, Peter Wiley
said:

The
founding fathers who wrote your constitution would start another
revolution if they saw what executive govt is getting away with today.
Detention without trial is ANATHEMA to a civilised soociety.

So, Peter, how many trials do you suppose were held during the Revolutionary
War to determine whether to let captured redcoats go? I don't recall hearing
of any, but perhaps you have some information I don't on that score.

So, Dave, you're happy to apply the rules that applied in the 1700's to
the 21st century?

Good to know.

PDW