Me

Default FS SGC model SG-230 SmartTuner, Automatic Antenna Tuner

In article . net,
"Doug" wrote:

"Me" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:

All the principles are not dead. SEA is still making excellent antenna
tuners and the designers have moved on to other ventures (like AIS).

Well not exactly true, but close enough. Dick Stephens is certainly no
longer breathing. Bill Forgey is retired, and living the life of a
Country Squire in Northeastern Washington. Phil Maynard, I think, is
still at SEA, last time I chatted with him. Mark Johnson never actually
worked for SEA. but was a "Independant Design Contractor" for SEA from
it's inception. Not sure where Pete Hop is, or what he is doing these
days. I can't remember his name off hand, but one of the young, (to me
anyway) Design Engineers is a Major Player over at Icom America these
days. The best of these, all came from the old Northern Radio Company,
of Seattle, Washington. Last time I checked, Phil was able to restart
production on a few of the Marine Radio Systems at SEA, and they had a
small Service Staff working.

Me

You might want to take a look at
http://www.shinemicro.com/Gallery.htm. They
claim to be the design team behind a lot of equipment including SEA radios,
control heads and antenna tuners. They are in Port Ludlow, WA.

73
Doug K7ABX

ShineMicro Is Mark Johnson's outfit, and like I stated, he was a
Contract Design Engineer that did most, if not all, of the microprocessor
control software for the SEA Radios. He and Bill Forgey both came from
Northern Radio Co. and they were the ones that reverse engineered the
Motorola Autotune MF/HF Antenna Tuner that Bill Schielb brought with him
from Motorola Schamberg. Mark did the original software for the SEA1601
Autotuner and then modified, and redesigned that many times over, untill
he had the SEA1612B stuff running as slick as you please. Actually Port
Ludlow, Wa. is his mailing address, but he lives on the other side of
Hood Canal. Can you guess what Road he lives on?

I guess someone should write the History of North Pacific
MF/HF Communications, and document all these many people and ideas.
There are some really interesting folks in that history. Dan Farley,
Keifer Fobes, Eddie Zanbergen, Dick Stephens, The Freto Bandito (can't
remeber his name, but he was Pres. of Northern Radio before Dick Stephens
came) Dennis Seth, Len Miller, Don Hollingsworth Sr. & Jr., Al Jerness
Mac McFarland, Billy Pulse, Great White Father (Ed Parsens of Alaska
Communications Fame) and that doesn't even come close to all the many
Alaska Cannery Radio Operators that were around from the 30's thru the
70's, or the FCC Seattle Field Office folks from the same period, like
Bob Deitch, Bob Zines, Mr. Galstad, Pete Baliogen, Gary Solsby, Bill
Johnson (Regin X Director), just to name a few.

Me remembering all this stuff, really hurts my bain....
Alzhimers I guess....