Denis Marier

Default ocean crusing & anti collision tactics....

Here in the Bay of Fundy, Maine and Nova Scotia coat I set up a memory scan
16,12,14 28,68,70. Every spring after launch I check with Fundy, Halifax
Traffic, Coast Guard and South West Harbor US Coast Guard. Then I validate
my memory scan.
When in close quarter I may use dual scan only.
Here we are privileged when getting out or in the Saint Harbor I always
advise Fundy Traffic. They in turn acknowledge my position on their radar
and advise of any approaching traffic

Further to the following list I am adding "abandon fishing nets",
One year it took me two hours to free my rudder and propeller on a clair
day.

1) submarines
2) sleeping whales
3) abandon shipping container
(80% submerged)......

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
oups.com...
Denis...what channel, 16?...or do you
set up a scan.....oh yea, and i would
add the the list..

1) submarines
2) sleeping whales
3) abandon shipping container
(80% submrged)......

"When I enter such a zone I feel safer to
broadcast my course and position. Other
thing that you can not plan for is submarines
and sleeping whales."