PocoLoco

Default What is the Right Size Motor for a 17-Ft Fiberglass Boat?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:35:48 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:30:10 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:17:43 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:06:29 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:29:08 -0400, Harry Krause

I will likely also take into account of the range of motor size that
the manufacturer has bundled in their boats. If they are offering the
same boat with both 90HP and 115HP. I will need to make sure I will not
go below their range of motor sizes too far, or better yet just stick
with their minimum motor size (in this example, that will be 90HP).
As mentioned in another message, I think I had better to get a 115HP
instead of a 90HP -- seem like 90HP is only good for no more than 2
persons on a 17-ft center console and I expect 4 persons to be on the
boat.
Take a long look at the Yamaha 115 four cycle. It's a hell of a mill.
Go with a 90 ETEC - you'll get the same performance as the Yamaha 115
four smoke for less money and you'll save in the long run on gas.
Documentation?
http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/HomeVideo.htm

http://www.evinrude.com/en-CA/Campaigns/

Enough said four smoke boy. :)
And this has what to do with a comparison between a 90 hp Evinrude and a
115 hp Yamaha?

Simple enough. Out of three relatively equal types of engines all
with equal horsepower, the clear advantage was to ETEC.

Thus, the evidence would seem to show that a 90 ETEC was clearly
superior to a 115 hp Yamaha four smoke because it's lighter, quieter,
more efficient and probably faster both out of the hole and top end..

Heh, heh, heh.... :)

Four smokes are doomed - ETEC is the wave of the future!!!

Damn...you must moonlight for the Bushed Administration.

Not really.

But I will confess to having partaken of the Bombardier Kool Aid. :)

mmmmmmbombardierkoolaidmmmmmmmmm

LMAO!
--
John H