Default Skipper Reports on His Boat shopping......

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Ignoring all the BS, do you still doubt this is the "real" Skipper?

Eisboch

When the initial attack thread was posted, ("Open letter....."),
I was extremely surprised. I had some doubts that Dave Mann would do
such a total and radical about-face- and after about a five-year time
span. Spoofing other posters' ID is a common game in rec.boats,
particularly among a group of non-boaters who hang out here to take pot
shots at Harry Krause, (or anybody else they perceive as slightly left
of Zell Miller). I wanted to believe that Dave had more integrity.
Until recently, my opinion of him was somewhat "mixed": a weird guy
with a few definite problems but maybe not such a bad guy in his heart
of hearts. His latest antics have proven me wrong, and unfortunately to
his additional discredit.

When another poster with a long history of dogging me 'round and
generating attack posts happened to use exactly the same very unique
format as the opening of the "Open letter..." about a week later, I
naturally suspected a common authorship. (I apologized for posting that
suspicion on the NG).

Sadly enough, I now believe that this obviously sick and troubled
individual is the original Dave Mann. What a shame. His acid remarks
used to be tempered by a bit of good humor, and that is no longer the
case. Therefore, I will continue to address Mr. Mann as Psuedo Skipper;
as most of his boating adventures are flights of fantasy and he is now
but a poor shadow of his former self. His grammar is awful, his insults
crude, and some of his behavior (exhibited in the "Harry and Chuckie"
thread, for example) is extremely juvenile. I do wonder whether the
poor old fart had a stroke or something, Psuedo is not the Skipper of
old. The worst aspects of his quirky persona are still there, but the
glitter is long gone.