Harry Krause

Default On Topic: Jones Brother Boats

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Got a chance to ride around in a Jones Brothers Bateau 220 LT today -
nice boat.

Pretty functional, but everything fit properly, didn't seem to have a
lot of "flaws" - pretty basic boat for the light tackle set.

I didn't like the ride - it seemed a little rough to me. Very light
chop in Narragansett Bay and you could feel every whack and thud. I'm
not sure what that says about the boat - maybe not enough floatation?

I got a ride in one last year on Chesapeake Bay, where the one-foot-chot
will knock your fillings out, and I thought it road really rough, too.
In fact, it pounded a lot until we got off plane.