~^ beancounter ~^

Default ocean crusing & anti collision tactics....

Denis....damm...that was close..nice to hear the
wake or displacement pushed you to the side !!

I would be a singlehanded 38 foot sailboat...doing the
SF Bay to Hawaii and onto NZ or Perth...so...i would
be in open ocean most of the time....not being able
to post 24 hr watches, I would be dependent on radar
and electrical devices to alarm me.......And pure
lick, of course......

"I had no time to pray. The bow of the container
ship was right on my stern. As I saw the bulbous
of the ship the wake pushed my little sailboat
aside and the 6 - 7 current took me away from the
freeboard of the ship. I still think it was a miracle......"